Safety Quality Belfast (SQB) Celebration Event- Delivering Improvement Together 2018/2019
12 April 2019
A celebration event was held on Tuesday 26th March as participants graduated from the SQB Quality Improvement Training Programme Cohort 4. The event featured presentations from participants and awards for Best Poster and Best Presentation.
Dr Cathy Jack Medical Director gave the welcome and introduction and an inspiring presentation on QI in BHSCT and our progress towards our aim to be in top 20% of NHS Trusts for safe, effective and compassionate care.
The Trust Chief Executive, Martin Dillon, delivered the opening remarks and reminded us that our QI graduates will be vital to achieving our aim.
80 participants took part in SQB and undertook 20 improvement projects ranging across all Directorates of the Trust. Some examples to illustrate the range of projects are:
Presentations were given and posters were displayed at the event to celebrate all the great improvement work being carried out in the Trust.
- Improving the Prostate Patient Journey: Right Care, Right Place, Right Time – Una McElroy, Oonagh Maguire, Stacey Hetherington
- Dysphagia DAMES Project – Carolee McLaughlin, Patricia Fearon
- FeedNG – Improving Nutrition of Head & Neck Cancer Patients Receiving Radiotherapy in an Outpatient Setting – Claire Duffy
- CD4 countdown: reducing CD4 tests requested outside of guidelines – Carol Emerson
- Fan-Task-Tic ☑: Lifeline Project – Elizabeth Irvine
Winner of Best Oral Presentation – FeedNG – Improving Nutrition of Head & Neck Cancer Patients Receiving Radiotherapy in an Outpatient Setting – Claire Duffy
Winner of Best Poster – Dysphagia DAMES Project – Carolee McLaughlin, Patricia Fearon
Judging was very close and that is a testament to the extremely high quality of QI projects.